First time we used our new gardens. Lots of pools and I added dirt. The kids weren't into it - I think they were scared of getting dirty. I used balloons I bought online and they were so tough they didn't break! The kids loved it - they were carrying them home (and through the library). About 30 people came.
- Program Goals
- End of summer party
- Quick and easy program
- Attendance: 35
- fingerpaint, paint tubs, paint brushes, paper
- tablecloths, wipes, paper towels, cleaning spray
- Outdoor activities
- hose, sprinkler, pools, tubs
- Balloons, bubble wands, bubble solution, balls for the pools
- Popsicles, cooler, scissors
- Attendance: 16
- Notes: Summer reading didn't end today and this summer has been slow so I ran this with my two aides. They did all the set up and clean up (and threw most of the water balloons at each other, I think...)
- Attendance: 65
- Feedback/Connections: Parents, especially of little ones, really love this program. It's very laid back and casual and the gentle sprinkler and small pools are perfect for this age group with the paint as an afterwards/rainy weather activity
- Notes: I always underestimate the amount of staff I need for this. Note to self -need FOUR staff - one to handle summer reading, one to supervise outside, one to supervise inside, and one to move around between the three spots. Also, next year I need something to fill water balloons more quickly and easily!